Location: New York City Area
CarbonQuest is an exciting new company developing cutting edge decarbonization solutions and projects. Our mission is to “Lead the QUEST for decarbonization by providing urban building owners advanced technologies and solutions that ENABLE acceleration of global carbon reduction NOW”. We are seeking mission driven professionals who can help us accelerate our carbon reduction mission.
For this position, we are looking for an exceptional professional to join our team and be an instrumental part of the operations team that supports our decarbonization products and services for multiple clients throughout the New York City metro area. As a “get it done” startup company, we are seeking a “roll up your sleeves” hands-on engineer who can function as a key individual contributor and leader in our dynamic environment.
This position will work under the direction of our Senior Vice President of Customer Operations to monitor and perform routine maintenance for our Building Carbon Capture Systems™ (BCCS™) and monitor system performance via our Carbon Management System (CMS) and Carbon Optimization System (COS) building AI controls software platform. This role will support the operation of carbon capture and energy efficiency solutions in residential and commercial buildings throughout New York City to achieve compliance with Local Law 97 restrictions. We are looking to scale up dramatically in the next two years, therefore this position will grow accordingly with a potential market of 50,000 buildings subject to Local Law 97 restrictions. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with benefits, equity position in the company and an unlimited vacation policy.
The position will be based out of the New York City Corporate office, periodically from a home office and travel to customer/project sites as required by the job.
Minimum Job Responsibilities include:
- Monitor system operations via our CMS and support new installations by scoping and installing internet monitoring devices for baseline development and building knowledge.
- Key interface with our Building Management System (BMS) partners and support their installation and the interface into CMS/COS.
- Integral member of our software development team, representing the “voice of the customer” to help shape our system development and feature enhancements.
- Liaising as the Building plant (HVAC, Rooftop Units, Cooling water systems (Towers, Chillers, Pumps, etc), Central Heating Systems (Boilers, etc)) subject matter expert working with the COS SW development team to further development building optimal controls for decarbonization.
- Monitor our BCCS and COS systems day to day operations to ensure system performance and alarm notification and resolution.
- Initial onsite response to system issues and resolution and advise our customers on the issue and the status for resolution. Inform and collaborate with CQ’s operations and engineering groups for resolution.
- Monitor our onsite carbon dioxide production and schedule with our transportation partner to schedule pickup and deliveries to our offtake partners.
- Monitor our onsite storage and usage at our offtake partners and be onsite to resolve any system issues.
- Supports troubleshooting of equipment during startups and operation.
- Works with small tools as needed during the installation and operation phases.
- Oversees operation of CarbonQuest equipment. Obtains test data and monitors performance and develops regular report scheduling.
- Supports the pre-sales process and other commercial activities as required.
- Develops and documents processes to help scale Customer Operations.
- Develops, implements, and manages internal workflow processes.
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
- Building plant Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Controls Project Engineering.
- Software networking and cloud-based systems operations.
- Hands-on construction experience.
- Mechanically inclined, capable of working with small tools.
- Troubleshooting, commissioning, and startup of mechanical and control system equipment.
- Familiar with measurement, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Documentation & Presentation strengths.
- Safety process development and management.
- Project Management.
- Contributing team player.
- Extensive experience with Boilers, HVAC, and Building Management Systems, a plus.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or other Engineering, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of system engineering and/or building operations experience
- Proficient with computer operations and network setup, suite of standard office tools and project management software;
- Building Management System experience is a bonus
- PE license is a bonus
If you resonate with our mission and are aligned with our vision we encourage you to tell us why you want to come along with us to Lead the Quest for Decarbonization. We’d love you to consider joining our hardworking, get it done, team of passionate and seasoned entrepreneurs. Apply via our website, or send resumes and supporting documents to Doug Staker, SVP of Customer Operations at email@example.com