Location: Spokane, Washington Area
For this position, we are looking for an exceptional professional to join our development team as we expand our decarbonization portfolio. As a “get it done” startup company, we are seeking a high initiative engineer who will provide a significant contribution to our dynamic environment. This position will have the responsibility to work as a key contributor on the product development team performing a variety of mechanical and process engineering activities. The best candidates are excellent problem-solvers, out of the box thinkers, and team players.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with benefits, equity position in the company and an unlimited vacation policy. The position will be primarily based out of CarbonQuest’ s home office with travel to customer/project sites as required by the job.
Our Plant Engineer or Supervisor is responsible for the fabrication, testing, and quality of our Carbon Dioxide Capture Systems (CDCS). The individual will manage and execute CarbonQuest’ s system fabrication requirements to include supplier coordination, fabricator coordination, and engineering support. The individual will serve as a liaison between other system engineers, building/site project engineers, operations personnel, and other team members involved in the project.
The team member ensures our LCO2 Systems are fabricated and evaluated to meet all internal and external requirements. They support assigned projects to ensure they are completed according to project plans, budgets, and schedule.
They will support the continuous improvement of our CDCS product line to include streamlining of fabrication and cost reduction. They will work with internal and external stakeholders to improve our completed systems.
The successful team member provides ongoing project support for all phases of a project to include engineering, procurement, fabrication, and testing of the products. From time to time, you may also be asked to support pre-sales site modeling, construction, installation, commissioning, and startups.
- Evaluates streamlined fabrication and manufacturing processes by designing or working with third party stakeholders.
- Develops fabrication and manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching testing methods, and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods.
- Provides decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Provides detailed fabrication and testing plans and support for all assigned orders.
- Helps maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Monitors performance of our suppliers and fabrication team members.
- Recommends ways to improve performance to reduce time, cost, and errors.
- Ensure our systems are fabricated, evaluated, and delivered to meet local, state, and federal environmental policies, regulations, engineering specifications, and procedures.
- Facilitate effective communications to keep project stakeholders informed.
- Support receiving proposals from suppliers.
- Provide order quality handover books that document all quality requirements to include material certifications, pipe testing, vessel testing, electrical testing, and other disciplines.
- Provide ongoing coordination with selected suppliers to ensure equipment, valves, instruments, and other material is received on time and meets required standards.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a hands-on problem solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Experience in the fabrication or manufacturing of gas processing plants.
- Experience in process improvement, safety management, and process safety management.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of company and facility safety policies/programs, and environmental and regulatory policies/requirements.
- Solid foundation and knowledge and applications of mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer operations.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to demonstrate effectively, communicate expectations, operational concerns and interact with a variety of individuals within multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve problems and to process information quickly.
- Ability to address and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to handle constantly changing and emerging priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and the associated programs, systems, and databases.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience (5 years or more) may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- Three years of experience performing as a plant or manufacturing engineer in an air separation, gas, oil, or chemical plants.
- Disciplines: Preferred: Mechanical, Electrical Technology, Electrical, Mechanical Technology, Manufacturing/Industrial
- Excellent project management skills desired.
- Proficient with the suite of standard office productivity tools and product management software.
Primary location is our Spokane office.
If you resonate with our mission and are aligned with our vision, we encourage you to tell us why you want to come along with us to Lead the Quest for Decarbonization. We’d love you to consider joining our hardworking, get it done, team of passionate and seasoned entrepreneurs.
Apply via our website, or send resumes and supporting documents to Don Gongaware, VP of Engineering at email@example.com.