Interested in leading the Quest for Decarbonization?
What we are looking for...
We are a team of entrepreneurs looking to have a positive impact on the environment through the process of carbon removal. CarbonQuest attracts passionate team members willing to do what it takes to get the job done. If you are a like-minded individual, we would love to hear from you.
We Have One Immediate Opening
1. Senior Process Engineer - Spokane, WA
1. Senior Process Engineer
CarbonQuest is an exciting new company developing cutting edge decarbonization solutions and projects. Our mission is to “Lead the QUEST for decarbonization by providing urban building owners advanced technologies and solutions that ENABLE acceleration of global carbon reduction NOW”. We are seeking mission driven professionals who can help us accelerate our carbon reduction mission.
For this position, we are looking for an exceptional professional to join our development team as we expand our decarbonization portfolio. As a “get it done” startup company, we are seeking a high initiative engineer who will provide a significant contribution to our dynamic environment. This position will have the responsibility to work as a key contributor on the product development team performing a variety of mechanical and process engineering activities.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with benefits, equity position in the company and an unlimited vacation policy. The position will be primarily based out of CarbonQuest’s home office with travel to customer/project sites as required by the job. Remote work from a home office can be coordinated.
Position Title: Senior Process Engineer
The role of a senior process engineer can be described as that of development and continuous improvement of process design for our Building Carbon Capture (BCC) solution. The individual will manage and execute CarbonQuest’s process engineering requirements. The individual will serve as a liaison between other product development team members and the technical disciplines involved in the project.
He or she assists personnel in ensuring the BCC Systems are meeting or exceeding requirements. He or she will support assigned projects to ensure they are completed according to project plans, budgets, and schedule and provide technical consulting on system performance and recommended changes to improve performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and where applicable, individually perform process design for our building carbon capture product line. He or she will lead the development of key engineering products to include simulations, process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation drawings and others.
The process engineer will support the continuous improvement of our BCC product line to include energy reduction, quality and recovery improvements, and other potential process refinements.
The process engineer provides ongoing project support for all phases of a project to include engineering, procurement, fabrication, manufacturing, and testing of the products. From time to time, you may also be asked to support pre-sales site modeling, construction, installation, commissioning, and startups.
The process engineer will provide ongoing technical support during operations to help optimize performance and provide feedback to the development process. As assigned, support the company research and development to include testing and research.
The process engineer will report to our VP, Engineering.
Minimum Job Responsibilities Include:
● Provide coaching, mentorship, and leadership to other junior engineers
● Assists in the development and execution of assigned projects
● Prepares process engineering requirements such as simulations, process flow diagrams, heat and energy balances, piping & instrumentation drawings, and others as assigned
● Performs process engineering as aforementioned
● Prepares specifications for equipment, piping, valves, and instruments
● Supports other disciplines and team members to include mechanical, electrical, and controls to ensure an integrated design
● Helps maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
● Helps control project costs by working to meet defined budgets and schedules
● Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and recommending actions to improve
● Helps troubleshoot operations issues
● Monitors systems performance to include production, power, composition, flue gas flow, and waste gas
● Recommends ways to improve performance to the operations team
● Assist operators in optimizing plant performance to help maximize production while minimizing cost
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
● Responsible for ensuring the compliance with local, state, and federal environmental policies, regulations and procedures
● Facilitate effective communications to keep project stakeholders informed
● Support research and development activities as assigned to include testing, research, and reporting
● Supports Marketing and Sales team members to ensure products are delivered consistently exceeding expectations
● Supports upfront sales efforts to include material, training and actively supports the pre-sales process and other commercial activities as required
● Works with cross-functional teams to ensure exceptional customer experience
● Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
● Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience in various chemical engineering processes such as adsorption, refrigeration, thermo-dynamics, and fluid mechanics
● Gas, Oil, Air Separation Plant Process Engineering and Operations Experience
● Gas process experience to include simulation development, PFD, and optimization
● Capable of completing calculations required to specify and size rotating equipment, heat exchangers, vessels, piping, control valves, and other components as assigned
● Experience in process improvement, safety management, and process safety management
● Demonstrate thorough understanding of company and facility safety policies/programs, and environmental and regulatory policies/requirements
● Solid foundation and knowledge and applications of mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer operations
● Demonstrate broad knowledge of plant operations, engineering practices, and regulatory compliance
● Demonstrated teamwork skills to include leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and decision making
● Ability to demonstrate effectively communicate expectations, operational concerns and interact with a variety of individuals within multiple levels of the organization
● Ability to solve problems and to process information quickly
● Ability to address and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Demonstrate ability to handle constantly changing and emerging priorities
● Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and the associated programs, systems and databases
● Operating experience in a cryogenic plant or facility is preferred
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
● Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience (5 years or more) may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education
● Five years of experience performing as a process engineer in an air separation, gas, oil, or chemical processing
● Disciplines: Preferred: Mechanical, Electrical Technology, Electrical, Mechanical Technology
● Excellent project management skills desired. Project certification is a plus
● Proficient with the suite of standard Microsoft Office productivity tools and product management software.
● Experience with process simulation platforms (DWSIM, ChemCad, Aspen HYSYS), 3D modeling (AutoCad Plant, CadWorxs, etc.), and Mathcad
● Professional engineering license is preferred
Primary location is our Spokane office.
If you resonate with our mission and are aligned with our vision, we encourage you to tell us why you want to come along with us to Lead the Quest for Decarbonization. We’d love you to consider joining our hardworking, get it done, team of passionate and seasoned entrepreneurs.
Apply via our website, or send resumes and supporting documents to Don Gongaware, VP of Engineering at email@example.com
If you believe you can add value to our team but don’t see a job opening that fits your skill set or experience, please contact us and send your resume and cover letter to HR@carbonquest.com